"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." (Feynman)
Started working on a new project, which is always exciting. Refactored django-cast filters.py -> it's almost readable now 😆. Facet counts are now available via the API, so cast-vue got an update showing filters for categories and tags.
- Composition over inheritance: The case for function-based views | Hmm, I don't have a strong preference for function based views over class based ones. It depends, I guess 😇.
- Building a blog in Django | Quite minimalistic, but if you don't have a lot of requirements, doing something like this seems perfectly fine
- CSS Selectors: A Visual Guide | Visual!
- Supercharge Your Django App: 7 Sneaky Tricks to Crush Slow Database Queries | I need to look into db performance for django-cast, too. Maybe write a blog post about it later...
Mastodon / Twitter
- ok but does this come in human sizes | Toot showing an image of a dog wearing a "not friendly do not touch" warning west
- If you haven't tried fine tuning yet drop everything and do it. It's a magical experience. | About fine tuning open source LLMs - yes, have to try that, but drop everything else 🥶?
- Cost: Summarizing 100x 1,000-word passages costs ~$5.48 with GPT-4 but only 19 cents with Llama-2-70b using Anyscale Endpoints. | Stop trying to convince me to drop everything else, plz!
- Djangonaut Program / djangonaut.space | Cool project!
- Finetuning Large Language Models | Online course
- Announcing Python in Excel: Combining the power of Python and the flexibility of Excel | I knew something like this was coming, so not really a surprise - but cool to see it launched!
- Hemingway is now Hemingw-AI! My favourite writing tool just got an AI upgrade and it’s great | Personally, I use a combination of GPT-4, deepL write and grammarly - but maybe I should try Hemingway too.
- List of a UI toolkits for vue so I can search for it later..
- Quasar - The enterprise-ready cross-platform VueJs framework
- NuxtUI - Fully styled and customizable components for Nuxt
- Anu - Build better interfaces faster
- Vuestic - Vue 3 UI Framework
- Vuetify - Vue Component Framework
- Windi UI - Build Accessible Apps 10x faster
- Radix - Start building your app now
- shadcn - Build your component library
- Making Parsing I/O Bound with Daniel Lemire (Software Unscripted)
- Wirtschaft - Warum nachhaltiger Kapitalismus nicht funktioniert (Hörsaal) | This was surprisingly good!
- SE Radio 577: Casey Muratori on Clean Code, Horrible Performance? (Software Engineering Radio) | Yep, good one
- Revision 581: TypeScript 5.2 (Working Draft)