Finally got covid, felt like shit for three days, getting better now. Not much besides covid and some work this week.
- Johannes Weeklog
- Money and Finance in the Macro-Economic Process
- The best vision models for fine-tuning | Jeremy Howard latest work on finetuning with image models.. applied to a kaggle competition: First Steps: Road to the Top, Part 1 | including videos Walkthru 8 Walkthru 9 Walkthru 10 Walkthru 11 Walkthru 12 Walkthru 13
- If you want to generate a tree view of a specific structure such as files in a directory, use rich.tree. rich also allows you to add color to each branch
- I would be much more proud of this new t-shirt had it not been recommended to me by Amazon
- Just learned about the unittest.mock.ANY object in Python. Super useful for assertions: >>> assert f() == (42, ANY) # ignore the second item
- renting and returning ten books a day from my local library while subtlety increasing the size of my cranium with latex and makeup until they say something | Hrhr
- Women's Pockets are Inferior | If you ever needed some data about this, here it is..
- Tetra: Full stack reactive component framework for Django using Alpine.js
- drf-spectacular - Sane and flexible OpenAPI 3.0 schema generation for Django REST framework
- OpenAPI Generator | OpenAPI Generator allows generation of API client libraries (SDK generation), server stubs, documentation and configuration automatically given an OpenAPI Spec
- Why π^π^π^π could be an integer (for all we know!)
>>> math.pi ** math.pi ** math.pi ** math.pi Traceback (most recent call last): File "Worth a shot 🙃
", line 1, in OverflowError: (34, 'Result too large')
- Slavoj Žižek – Die Revolution und das Reale | Sternstunde Philosophie | SRF Kultur
- Bits und so #796 (Messy by Default) (Bits und so)
- (114) Mit BA.4 und BA.5 in den Sommer (Das Coronavirus-Update) | Listening to this episode while staying in bed because of covid (probably BA.5)
- Porno in geil – Passen Feminismus und Pornografie zusammen? – mit Paulita Pappel (Sexindustrie 1/2) (Lila Podcast) | Thought this might be entertaining while having to stay in bed. Meh. I don't believe that banning some content would magically improve the remaining stuff. Most movies are bad, most books are not really good - hell, even most source code is crap. It might sound pessimistic, but imho the best we can hope for is that most content will stay esthetically unsatisfying with some rare exceptions. Making those exceptions possible is the best we can do.
- Geoffrey Hinton (Part Two) (The Robot Brains Podcast) | Big recommendation