Made some progress on removing sqlmodel from fastdeploy. Found a way to wrap pytest test in a transaction so that it could be rolled back after each test, leaving the database in pristine condition after each test. This was not as easy as expected. Found a working example at the end of the transaction documentation of sqlalchemy. And since it's even possible to pass data back from tests to fixtures via markers, it should be possible to mark single tests to run against sqlite or a fake in memory repository.
No streams but intense doomscrolling. Let's see if I'm able to change that next week.
- Reflections on Foundation Models | Sounds reasonable, let's see if this sticks
- PHP in 2022 | Always good to look what's up in other communities :)
- Build your metadata library | Well, I haven't found a solution for myself but am desperately in need of one :/
- List of YouTube channels about machine learning / data science
- what is a .so / .dll / shared object? (intermediate - advanced) anthony explains #399
- Variations Of The Strategy Pattern // Using Python features! | need to improve my production quality (it's really good here, content is improvable)
- Reusable UI components – Thibaud Colas & Ben Dickinson @ Wagtail Space 2020 | pattern library and atomic design for Django, cool
- The Problem with The Problem (Screencast) | Amazing talk by David Beazley
- Why is Ukraine the West's Fault? Featuring John Mearsheimer | Maybe there are rational reasons for all this? Skip linking to all other doomscolling results because they are just to depressing..
- Where/what to eat in Düsseldorf | Someone should make a website for that..
- Discussion about service layer in Django-Forum | I don't like the idea of service layers, but I also think that DDD and Django don't fit well together.. think there are no best practices, yet
- Episode #270: Can errors really be beautiful? (Python Bytes)
- Bits und so #778 (Die Bargeldkühe) (Bits und so)
- WR1335 An Inflation oder mit Inflation? (wrint: Wirtschaftskunde)
- SQLModel: The New ORM for FastAPI and Beyond (Talk Python To Me)
- Grundlegend? - Arthur Schopenhauer (Das philosophische Radio) | Time for some recreational pessimism
- Episode 45: Turning Up the Heat (Hotel Bar Sessions)
- Switching Protocols Schnell, schnell! (Der INNOQ Podcast) | About different http protocol versions
- Episode 97: Improving Your Django and Python Developer Experience (The Real Python Podcast)