The adjective for metal is metallic.
Not so for iron, which is ironic. --Dgar
Peak Home Improvement! Got sick with a nasty virus, glad it didn't take long to recover. Work was nice, doing more stuff combining Alpine.js and htmx. For my open source stuff, I fixed another pydantic 2 compatibility issue with kptncook and released a new version. A first text classification tutorial is available in my data science tutorial repository, which is currently being rebuilt 👷♂️.
- Visual Studio Code is designed to fracture | welp
- Decision time | I'm all onboard doing it "the the long hard stupid way"
- PEP 703 (Making the Global Interpreter Lock Optional in CPython) acceptance | Ok, interesting times ahead 😅
- Now add a walrus: Prompt engineering in DALL-E 3 | Playing around with DALL-E 3 myself and it's great!
- Bullets of vaguely silvery hue | Great article - I don't use docker but honcho and Procfiles to replace docker-compose, but otherwise: agree
Mastodon / Twitter
- thread about our papers investigating the verification and self-critiquing inabilities of GPT4 | Ok, this a serious critique, finally!
- Weeklog for Week 42: October 16 to October 22 | Johannes
- Week in Review 2023-10-24 | Luis
- Publish yourself (E) (Akimbo) | He has a point...
- Mastodon Anleitung - So klappt der Mastodon Einstieg! (MeTacheles)
- SE Radio 583: Lukas Fittl on Postgres Performance (Software Engineering Radio) | Interesting
- #94 Die Realität des Freelancings: Zwischen Selbstbestimmung und Unsicherheit mit Index out of bounds (Engineering Kiosk) | Heard the term "body leasing" for the first time here. I usually refer to the work I'm doing as "staff or team augmentation".