Applied for Prototype Fund with django-cast, I would love to be able to improve documentation and usabiltiy. Finished a command line client for syncing kptncook recipes with my self-hosted mealie instance. Revisited my old "will_it_saturate" project to compare caddy vs uvicorn speed. Good fun.
Things I Learned
- You can have validators run befor assigning values in pydantic models, creating a previously non-existing directory, for example.
- Weeklog of shezi | Lots of interesting stuff as usual.
- The Concept of the Ruliad | Uff, maybe I have to read it again..
- Wagtail Space US 2022 | Wagtail conference talks
- Object-Oriented Programming is Bad | Well, I wouldn't say it's all bad, but there are some points in this talk
- Object-Oriented Programming is Good* | Same author, same opinion :)
- The microphone talk | I remember having this conversation more often than I would have expected
- I think the 1420 YouTube channel will make for a nice historical reference a few years from now | Really cool youtube channel. Those things are far more interesting to me than the usual media coverage. Previous generations didn't have access to this kind of content. It's not exactly flying cars, but still pretty cool that this is possible today.
- Bits und so #784 (Im Watschnbaumwald) (Bits und so) | Well, there are reasons for limiting the password length that are not completely stupid, but most of the time they are..
- (113) So Long (Das Coronavirus-Update) | I will be missing this. Interesting numbers from this episode: infection fatality rate did go down from 1.5% (begin) to 0.11% (now) which is comparable with the flue.. of course there are far more covid infections so it's not the same risk.. for every person dying from covid there's on which dies in hospital from a different cause, but was tested covid positiv
- Gesund? - Ehrgeiz (Das philosophische Radio) | Good content, really crappy website :/
- Überholt? - die Kultur des Maßes (Das philosophische Radio)
- Episode 505: Daniel Stenberg on 25 years with cURL (Software Engineering Radio) | Asked what he would tell aspiring programmers who want to achieve what he did, he replied: "Well, I don't know if I'm able to give advice on how to win the lottery." - pretty wise.
- Django the Good Parts - James Bennett (Django Chat) | The part about service layers was really interesting.
- Revision 523: Wenig TypeScript und viel Vermischtes (Working Draft) | Learned about those two programming youtube videos above in this episode
- Frontend & Feldfrüchte Mit Anselm Hannemann (Wo wir sind ist vorne.) | I cannot believe I would ever say this, but: maybe those episodes a little bit too long..
- Wege zum Erfolg - Geduld, die lernbare Superpower (Hörsaal) | Hard to swallow pill
- Verhaltensökonomie - Selbstkontrolle macht zufriedener (Hörsaal) | More hard to swallow pills - I do need a drink now
- NEWS 13/22 – Redis Stack // Safari Technology Preview 142 // Java 18 // Entwickler:innen-Zufriedenheit // node-ipc.js Malware (programmier.bar) | News from other language communities..
- Episode 48: The Simulation Hypothesis (Hotel Bar Sessions) | They talked about roko's basilisk, dammit