"I don't want to be offensive, but there is a very fine line between...
... numerator and denominator.
It's a divisive issue." --Ten
Slowly getting back to work, combining Tailwind and htmx with Django. Released a new version of django-cast which now includes all the information needed to run a SPA in front of it from a theme. This was more work than expected. To make sure there's all the information needed for a SPA theme, I built a Vue.js cast-vue theme for django-cast, which is now feature complete after adding comments and the podlove player for audio content last week. Also met with Manuel to work on training LLMs from scratch using all the Python code from GitHub.
- Django 4 form rendering using Tailwind without Node or crispy️ | Let's see if it is possible to get rid of crispy
- Optimize Django Query Performance by combining Select Related and Prefetch Related
- The Python Language Summit 2023 | Lots of interesting details
- PEP 594 has been implemented: Python 3.13 removes 20 stdlib modules
- django-widget-tweaks | Used for Tailwind without crispy
- GitHub Copilot Labs - A VS Code extension for experimental applications of GitHub Copilot | Good!
- PostgreSQL 16 Beta 1 Released!
- Migrate your project to .readthedocs.yaml configuration file v2 | Oh noes, incoming work..
- Announcing Rust 1.70.0
- 🤗 Open LLM Leaderboard | Nice overview to keep track of this fast moving space...
- django-stubs 4.2.1 release
Mastodon / Twitter
- Sweet, libuv merged their first part of io_ring support! And it’s the file I/O part no less! | Hmm, maybe I should run my file download benchmarks again against this?
Podcasts / Videos
- Wir waren nochmal in Greifswald zu Besuch, beim Wendelstein 7-X. Diese Folge ist eine Nachbesprechung zur sehr populären Sendung 36 (Alternativlos) | Solid episode!
- FS266 Mehr Bums (Freakshow)
- State of GPT | By Andrej Karpathy
- #376 – Stephen Wolfram: ChatGPT and the Nature of Truth, Reality & Computation (Lex Fridman Podcast) | Good episode
- #381 – Chris Lattner: Future of Programming and AI (Lex Fridman Podcast)