It was the best of times. It was the worst of terms and conditions. --Nein
At work, setting up Single Sign-On (SSO) via Azure AD for a Django project was easier than expected, thanks to django-saml2-auth. I also found that ChatGPT was surprisingly effective at generating code to create a simplified Excel file, which I then could use to test the effectiveness of the existing pandas code for Excel parsing.
- Can LLMs learn from a single example? | Oooh, I have to start fine tuning now!
- Next.js, just why? | Because it's new and exciting? Call me old fashioned, but I rather go with stable and boring instead..
- Embedding paragraphs from my blog with E5-large-v2
- Weeklog for Week 35: August 28 to September 03 | Johannes
- Science and Technology links (September 2 2023) | Daniel Lemire
- A simpler deployment story: Button is deployment, without the fuss. | Deployment for Django applications - already very excited
- XTuner is a toolkit for efficiently fine-tuning LLM
- Pandas release - What’s new in 2.1.0
Mastodon / Twitter
- STFU - It's TGV Tuesday!
- Over the years as a software developer I've had projects where I spent intensely collaborating in a team, and projects where I work by myself. I feel the tension between the two | Interesting thread...
- Casually running a 180B parameter LLM on M2 Ultra | Uh oh, GAS starting to kick in
- What's your current favorite local LLM model right now?
- Here's the most effective GPT-4 prompt I've developed for writing tasks
- #NoEstimates (Allen Holub) | Hmm, projection and "just count" sounds a lot like estimation to me, but it has the right vibe...
- Build an AI app with FastAPI and Docker - Coding Tutorial with Tips
- Stevan Harnad: AI's Symbol Grounding Problem (The Gradient Podcast) | Very good (but I still think John Searle is just wrong!)
- Django Trends in 2023 (Talk Python To Me) | Solid episode, yep, Django is still cool!
- WR1520 Leben im Albtraum (WRINT: Zum Thema) | Also good, very interesting approach
- Alphatier- und Chefgebaren - lassen sich da Rückschlüsse auf die Natur des Menschen ziehen? (Das philosophische Radio) | Meh, too much talking about apes and boring stuff, not enough about theory of science and ideology (which got me hooked)
- WR1521 Deutschlands Schwäche, Austerität, Kindergrundsicherung (WRINT: Wirtschaftskunde) | Always good
- Folge 176 - Domain-driven Design - Konzepte und Fallstricke (Software Architektur im Stream) | Not bad
- Episode 96: Gatekeeping (Hotel Bar Sessions)