The challenge I'm doing this month is called October and it's where I just try to get through every day of October --Erin McGuire Olson
There's some kind of home improvement going on in our apartment, so I'm a little stressed at the moment. Released the podcast episode on Kubernetes. The increased podcast activity has led to some really nice feedback emails, which has been helpful. For example, there is this fluentcomments incompatibility with bootstrap 4 and 5 that I discovered. For django-cast, I added this CSS workaround.
- The Absolute Minimum Every Software Developer Must Know About Unicode in 2023 (Still No Excuses!) | Great stuff!
- McKinsey Developer Productivity Review | Much better than the original 🙃
- Step into the light (DOM) | I have to do more with web components. Should be great for things like audio players (the podlove player I'm using now is based on Vue 2 and held by a gorilla pulling in the whole jungle) - or maybe start with something more simple like the subscribe button?
- Revisiting PJAX | Interesting alternative to htmx I didn't know about
- Building The Next Web | First of a series of articles about the web
- 1000 hours of ChatGPT: here are the best 3 techniques to become a better prompt engineer! | Just a reminder to tinker around more often
Mastodon / Twitter
- Was meint ihr, Bitches? | Webcomic
- GitHub Résumé - A service that creates a résumé based on your GitHub repos/activity
- Copier - A library and CLI app for rendering project templates | from podcast feedback
- vim-ai - This plugin adds Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities to your Vim and Neovim | Yes, neovim ftw!
- Psycopg features - psycopg3 should be the default by now | Using psycopg3 by default for all my personal projects already
- The Easiest Way to Preview and Generate Open Graph Meta Tags | Hmm, django-cast needs some polish regarding
- What Are Accessibility Overlays? | Hrhr
- Tested: Where Does The Tone Come From In A Microphone? | Aha!