Mit so radikalen Aktionen wird das Klima absolut nichts erreichen. --Christoph Dolna-Gruber
The new Wagtail 5.1 release broke the video and audio choosers in django-cast so there's a new release 0.2.17 that fixes that. While I was at it, I also added some more documentation for the video and audio features. Lots of distractions this week with school and kindergarten stuff, but hopefully things will pick up soon 😅.
Last week I picked up a musical instrument for the first time in over two years. I hadn't been able to play before because I just didn't have the time. Now I'm thinking about getting back into the habit.
- On Being Useful | Yeah, struggle with that one too
- Taming the beast: Python Package Maintenance Made Simple | Interesting - I still do not have a good solution for this problem..
- Large language models, explained with a minimum of math and jargon | Good article!
- Catching up on the weird world of LLMs
- Message from the family of Bram Moolenaar | Sad news: the creator of vim has died (my editor of choice for the last 25 years..)
- Emergent Deception and Emergent Optimization
- Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK) | Ok, didn't know about that one 😬
- View Transitions + Drag n Drop | Pure CSS in latest Chrome
- NewHope: Harnessing 99% of GPT-4's Programming Capabilities | Open source LLM based on llama2 for coding
- Weeklog for Week 30: July 24 to July 30 | Johannes
- Science and Technology links (August 6 2023) | Daniel Lemire
- Weeknotes: Plugins for LLM, sqlite-utils and Datasette | Simon Willison
- 2023 – Podlove - Neuerungen 4 | Interesting, podlove now uses tailwind UI, auphonic plugin is new etc
- python 3.12 release highlights (beginner - advanced) anthony explains
- So sieht Quantenphysiker Anton Zeilinger die Welt | Sternstunde Religion | SRF Kultur | Ok
- FS267 Gesichtsmuffe (Freakshow) | More about Apple -> not bad
- Mit smarter Planwirtschaft gegen die Probleme unserer Zeit (Sein und Streit) | Oh boy. Why are people from the humanities often so naive and sloppy with their terms? Especially AI? And how could you call yourself a journalist if you don't manage to ask one critical question when your interview partner constantly makes fringe claims? A really low point.
- Welche Bedeutung schreiben Sie der Null zu? (Das philosophische Radio) | Is this the week of weak podcast episodes? Another really bad one. If you have some basic mathematical understanding listening to this is pure cringe.
- Ein Blick auf die Publisher 4 Beta (Podlovers) | Cool! This podcast is not dead yet 🎉
- Joscha Bach: Life, Intelligence, Consciousness, AI & the Future of Humans (Lex Fridman Podcast) | So much better. At 1:38 the possibility of having less formal languages that then are translated into "real" programming languages by a LLM is discussed. At 1:50 golems are pointed out as a useful metaphor for LLMs. Spot on.