Worked on lots of small things:
- Released kptncook 0.0.6 fixing a confusingly named command.
- Answered some emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Usually we don't get that much email, but last week we had multiple mails to be answered at the same time for the first time running the podcast. Dunno if this is good or bad :).
- Found a bug in jupyterlab where rename file is ignored if the target name already exists.
- Worked a little bit on making the podlove plugin / wordpress deployable on my infrastructure which is more difficult than expected.
- Johannes Weeklog | Interesting as always
- The manipulation of the American mind: Edward Bernays and the birth of public relations | Via Hotel Bar Sessions
- It Depends Ep. 8 April 2022 Jordan Tigani peeks into the future of analytical databases | One of the creators of big table gets interviewed
- https://howisFelix.today? - personal life tracking | Really interesting project, it's all open source..
- Language and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race | Buffalo!
- Do you have personal website with an #RSS feed? I’d love to subscribe! 🤗
- Microservices are still difficult - thread
- Cookiecutter template for a Python package based on the Hypermodern Python article series | Lots of references to useful other projects included
- appdirs | Use standard data / config directories for your platform (windows / macos / linux)
- django-configurations | Make different configurations configurable :)
- Appliku - Deploy Django in 5 minutes | Interesting deployment option, deploying to your own servers is possible (which is usually much cheapier than cloud)
- SpeedPy.Com is a Django-based SaaS BoilerPlate | Interesting, I'll have to take a closer look at this..
- Folge 116 - Events, Event Sourcing und CQRS (Software Architektur im Stream)
- Episode 52: Immortality (Hotel Bar Sessions) | Good episode. There was a cool argument from Charles against afterlife: You have to assume there's no hope of changing anything in this life to be able to believe that creating a perfect virtual one makes things better. Also applies to video games or role playing, imho. If the yield on doing actual things is low maybe buying real estate on the moon or NFT or something like this seems like a good idea. But you have to be pretty desperate to buy into that.
- Hypermodern Python Projects (TalkPython['Podcast']) | Lots of great stuff in this episode
- Episode #280: Easy terminal scripts by sourcing your Py (Python Bytes)
- Revision 527: Vue State Management (Working Draft) | Pinia ftw
- Sonderfolge: Die Pandemie vom Menschen her denken (Das Coronavirus-Update) | Good episode, strange title because it's about communication strategies.
- Appliku - Kostja Palović (Django Chat) | Super interesting for me, because I'm about to do a very similar thing :>
- Wie funktioniert Manufactum? mit Max Heimann (Kassenzone.de) | Good as usual
- Episode 50: Desire (Hotel Bar Sessions)
- Politisch? - die freie Zeit (Das philosophische Radio)
- Ziviler Ungehorsam - Wie radikal darf Protest in der Klimakatastrophe sein? | Good talk. Includes a good definition of "Ziviler Ungehorsam"
- Episode 53: Metaphysics (Hotel Bar Sessions) | This podcast keeps getting better, really impressive
- Bits und so #788 (In 500 Meter das Ziel ist links) (Bits und so)