Haven't done much besides work and spending leasure time outside due to the good weather. Managed to record a podcast episode about European XFEL X-ray laser. Went to Japantag, wow, where have all those people been? In the evening Charan-Po-Rantan with Kankan Balkan played on the main stage. This was the first live concert I attended after more than two years and it was great.
- Johannes Weeklog
- Unfinished Business with Postgres | Great article about the history of postgres at heroku
- How we reduced 502 errors by caring about PID 1 in Kubernetes | This is one good example why I don't like kubernetes: people use it to avoid having to care about those pesky details, but in the end have to wrestle with even peskier stuff.
- The balance has shifted away from SPAs | It's about time.
- Introducing Accelerated PyTorch Training on Mac | PyTorch got some support for Apple Silicon
- What is #dataviz animation good for? A thread with examples
- 10 iPhone hacks I guarantee you don't know | I didn't now about 4 of them, still worth to read it :)
- The older I get, the more I believe in people over process | Same here.
- Full talk for our PLDI 2021 paper- High performance Correctly Rounded Math Libraries
- Stefan Behnel: Fast native data structures: C/C++ from Python | Being fast using Python might be easier than you think
- David Chalmers on AI and Consciousness (The Gradient Podcast)
- Politik - Liberale Demokratie – eine Verteidigung (Hörsaal)
- RZ100 Raumzeit und Gravitation (raumzeit)
- Episode 54: Algorithms (Hotel Bar Sessions) | Ok, listening to people talk about a topic where I have some expertise still does not spark joy. There are just so many errors in the assumptions, you can't conclude anything (or everything). For example: Algorithm != Model / No, you don't need more complex algorithms if you collect more data, paradoxically it's the other way around (The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Data) / ...
- Sonderfolge: Achtet auf die Kinder! (Das Coronavirus-Update)
- WR1361 Nubsiversand für 18 (WRINT Realitätsabgleich)
- K#393 Millionen Gewürze von Just Spices mit Florian Falk (Kassenzone | CEO Interviews) | I can't stand this businessspeak.