For the last two weeks, I was on vacation, so no work. Seems my job is to listen to podcasts because there were significantly fewer episodes I listened to. Need to check with my boss 😄.
Had to learn the hard way that shared albums in apple photos are completely broken and will cripple your images (max width or height set to 2048px + conversion from heic to low quality jpeg). And even if you stop following a shared album, those broken images still sit in your library and you have to remove them manually one by one. Great fun if you just imported a few hundred photos from a shared album. I don't understand tech companies' obsession with destroying their user's photos. Signal is bad, Whatsapp is worse, and now even you Apple? A working method for Apple devices is to generate an iCloud share link (which takes lots of time) from which others then can import the original photos.
Progress on having a landing page where people can create podcasts/blogs:
- Finished Add Email Backend for Registration Mails. This feature uses mailgun which is a pretty crappy service, if you've found a better one, please let me know.
- Add WordPress Ansible Service #28 moved the ansible folder over from podlove_test
- Cleaned up the register link and removed some unused code #30
- Use always _base.html in favor of base.html #31
- Added styled allauth templates #27
- Weeknotes: Joining the board of the Python Software Foundation | I Hope Johannes picks up his weeklog again so I'll be able to link his instead 😏.
- What Is a Reasonable Percentage for Code Coverage and Why Is It 100%? [Jürgen Gmach - PyOhio 2022]
- Oral History - Die Geschichte des Heavy Metal (Hörsaal)
- Sebastian Raschka: AI Education and Research (The Gradient Podcast) | Good episode, it has been quite some time I heard someone talk about ordinal regression (used it for learning to rank more than a decade ago).
- Python Language Summit 2022 (Talk Python To Me)