Recorded and produced a new Podcast Episode about Ansible. Had to learn that streaming 48Khz 24bit FLAC audio to AirPods is too much for the Bluetooth bandwidth. At first, I thought the recording was broken, but then realized it was just a Bluetooth glitch, phew.
Did some preparation for a Python training course next week (setting up a JupyterHub instance, preparing a HedgeDoc installation). Also, normal work as usual until we got evacuated because of a bomb disposal (a 500kg bomb from the second world war was found a few hundred meters down the street).
Progress on having a landing page where people can create podcasts/blogs:
- Did some infrastructure work to be able to use a Python installation via pyenv on production
- Falling for Kubernetes | I tend to disagree, but maybe sometime someone will prove me wrong, so I have to keep listening
- How SQLite Helps You Do ACID
- “Autistic people can't acknowledge when they are wrong” | Very familiar vibe 😬
- Putting SOLID into Perspective | SOLID, CUPID, etc. - I don't know. It's not possible to give clear advice on how things should be done. But it could be helpful to know how things tend to go wrong, just to be able to recognize them when it happens 🤓.
- One of my all-time favourites. Stare at the red dot on the woman's nose for 30 seconds, then look at an empty wall while blinking quickly.
- wife: "we should babyproof the—" me: "there are already other orgs handling baby safety, here we mainly focus on baby capabilities research.
- #AgileMaxim 1: It is in the doing of the work that we discover the work that we must do. Doing exposes reality. | Good thread.
- HedgeDoc | write and share markdown
- Excalidraw | Virtual whiteboard for sketching hand-drawn like diagrams. Collaborative and end-to-end encrypted.
- Donut on Hugging Face / Donut on GitHub | I've done things like this with tesseract getting much better results. But I'm really happy to see people starting to use transformers for problems like this. Very promising.
- WR1392 Strukturwandel ist teuer (WRINT Wirtschaftskunde) | Instead of raising the base rate (making investments to lower gas comsumption more difficult) or artificially lowering the gas price (providing an incentive to consume more gas) the rational economic way to handle a gas shortage would be to tax gas consumption. Of course this is not possible politically, but..
- #309 – John Carmack: Doom, Quake, VR, AGI, Programming, Video Games, and Rockets (Lex Fridman Podcast) | Good episode
- Pydantic v2 - The Plan (Talk Python To Me) | pydantic-core is completely written in rust, leading to smaller binaries compared to cython
- WR1390 China (Wer redet ist nicht tot) | Interesting, media coverage about Chinas social scoring is mainly creating a myth, etc..
- Jochen Distelmeyer (Reflektor) | Trying to listen to more music instead of podcasts - maybe I can start by just listening to podcasts about music, no?