Back to normal work, which is fun, too.
Started a mouse delivery side business. The catching part works great and now I'm looking for new customers. Do you need some mice? I already talked to a bird of prey at a nearby park. Maybe there's an arbitrage opportunity.
Created a new repository holding a template for new Django projects / apps.
- Digitizing 55,000 pages of civic meetings | Hmm, I should really try out s3-ocr
- Use partial() With Django’s transaction.on_commit() to Avoid Late-Binding Bugs | Always used lambda for that, but partial sounds great, too
- Weeklog for Week 33: August 15 to August 21 | Johannes Weeklog
- Experimental Demonstration of the tomatotopic organization in the soprano (Cantatrix sopranica L.) | More research needed..
- Understanding async Python for the web | Good article, saw it last week already but forgot to add it to weeknotes
- The Jupyter+git problem is now solved | For nbdev2 - I would really like something to see like this as a precommit hook
- Exploring ScotRail Audio Clips using Ibis-Datasette | Need a random excuse?
- Opening the Pandora’s Box of AI Art | A lot of interesting sources in the article, but I don't care this whole copyright stuff etc.. seems like it's time to have a way to deploy some models for fun and profit 😎
- Science and Technology links (August 7 2022)
- Top Programming Languages 2022 Python’s still No. 1, but employers love to see SQL skills | Still perplexed that Python comes out on top
- oh you have underlying issues? that’s cool mine are all overlaying issues. incredibly obvious issues. just out there for the world to see
- There are two ways to make a #Python object convertible to a dictionary: 1) Define .keys() and .__getitem__() 2) Make it iterable producing key/value pairs
- Exciting news: #Parti and #Imagen teamed up to create a hybrid system with Parti creating 256x256 images which then recieve Imagen super resolution to produce 1024x1024 pixels! See the diagram below for how it works.
- Boiling JFrogs ("Why is Artifactory slow") | Thread on MySQL performance optimization
- It was never safe to turn off your computer.
- There is no "product team" in an Agile shop. There is just a dev team that makes product decisions as they work. A product silo is a waterfall phase. You can't sluff that work off onto somebody else.
- Poster, chuck berry / steve miller band | This whole website is great: all the links, annotations, the emoji timeline (omg)
- Kathryn Koehler // Director of Developer Productivity Engineering @ Netflix (Alphalist CTO Podcast)
- Flet: Flutter apps in Python (Talk Python To Me)
- WR1393 Die Pataphysik der Delfine (WRINT Wissenschaft)
- Bits und so #806 (Buffer Underrun) (Bits und so)
- Caleb Porzio on Alpine.js, Laravel Livewire & more (Remote Ruby)