"Better to sink in boundless deeps, than float on vulgar shoals; and give me, ye gods, an utter wreck, if wreck I do." —Mardi
Lots of stuff happened last week besides work. After we finally found time to meet for some podcasting the week before last week, I finished producing our podcast episode about Python 3.11 😎.
Last week I wondered how long it will take to migrate the content after being able to deploy my new wagtail-based django-cast version. Turns out it didn't take that long, because now both this website and python-podcast.de are running the latest Python/Django/Wagtail combination. Ok, I have to admit it was a lot of work, and I broke some stuff, but now it's done. Finally 🍾! I started this project around 2019, so long ago that I don't even remember exactly when!
- Digital detritus | This is a great idea. I kind of do this with video and pictures, too. But I struggle badly with email and I already have a hoard or two on some external hard drives *sigh*.
- After Twitter | Ok, maybe I give mastodon a try, besides looking very yakish
- Databases on un-RAID-ed storage?
- The Sky Is Falling | Hmm ok, how can I short this?
- Twitter, ActivityPub and The Future | ActivityPub might be good enough and Andrew Godwin is writing a Mastodon-compatible server based on Django. Ok, where do I have to sign?
- Takahē: A New ActivityPub Server | Django, async, and now even htmx! Need to look at the source, soon...
- Mastodon release v4.0.0
- Yamanote | Bookmark pages to SQLite, an interesting approach
- Takahē is a new ActivityPub server, designed for efficient use on small- to medium-size installations, and which allows you to host multiple domains on the same infrastructure | Super interesting, by Andrew Godwin
- #333 – Andrej Karpathy: Tesla AI, Self-Driving, Optimus, Aliens, and AGI (Lex Fridman Podcast)
- Revision 545: The State of CSS (Teil 1) (Working Draft)
- Mastodon for Python Devs (Talk Python To Me) | Ok this has pushed me over the edge, now I have to try it 😱
Out of Context Images
No images this week, I was busy sitting inside staring at computer screens.