Whenever someone at work tries to make you do something hard, simply because "you did it last time", remember that Elrond had been to Mount Doom before.
Sometimes you need to make the hobbits do the work so they stop seeing it as a zero-cost action. --John Bull
Covid has returned for a second round. Considering the amount of work to do, I hope it will be mild this time. We already had to cancel two podcast appointments because of sickness, so no podcast episode this month.
get_absolute_url by default).
- I Will Fucking Dropkick You If You Use That Spreadsheet | Regrettably, I must confess that I am not particularly skilled at executing dropkicks. As a result, it is safe to say that my profession is likely rotating posthumously given the abundance of spreadsheet-related activities occurring in my current workplace.
- Now You Have Three Problems | "
lambdahas the benefit of making the code compact and foreboding. Plus, it prevents people from trying to add meaningful names, documentation, or type-hints to the thing that is about to unfold." Hrhr, great article...
- Using ChatGPT to write AppleScript
- Large language models are having their Stable Diffusion moment | This will get wild
- Noam Chomsky: The False Promise of ChatGPT | Straw man fallacy, although I like the reference to Borges a lot
- Weeklog for Week 9: February 27 to March 05 | Johannes
- Week in Review 2023-02-27 | Luis
- Weeknotes March 05 - 12 | Bithive
- Python Testing with pytest, Second Edition | Maybe I'm preparing a pytest-training course
- EuroPython 2021 talk: David Beazley - No, not typing. Types. | Uh oh, do I want to know how deep this rabbit hole goes?
- Btconf talk: Jeremy Keith – Declarative Design – SOTR | Interesting pointers..
- Layout Land | Good youtube channel for web design
- math.isclose | Similar to pytest.approx but in the stdlib
- MyST Markdown Tools
- Facebooks LLaMA leaks via torrent file in PR | Hmm, could be interesting to fine-tune this
- Wagtail AI Get help with your content using AI superpowers
- Utopia - Elegantly scale type and space without breakpoints
- Sphinx-Gallery | There has been JupyterLite support added recently, so maybe it's possible to run code snippets directly in the browser soon for the galleries of scikit-learn documentation for example
- Inference of Facebook's LLaMA model in pure C/C++
- High-performance inference of OpenAI's Whisper automatic speech recognition (ASR) model
- sourcegraph - searching millions of public repositories
- #362 – Ginni Rometty: IBM CEO on Leadership, Power, and Adversity (Lex Fridman Podcast) | Better than expected
- Positiv wirkt: Das Interview (Agile Team Coaching Podcast) | Well...
- Folge 154 - Serverless Architektur mit Sascha Möllering (Software Architektur im Stream) | Interesting stuff like that you usually would like to send batches to lambda functions because you pay per call etc..
- Ich bin sehr neugierig – Vitaly Friedman (neu•gierig) | Interesting :)
- Episode 553: Luca Casonato on Deno (Software Engineering Radio) | Cool episode, too.
- What would you change about pytest? (Test & Code)
- Episode 86: Fascism (with Alberto Toscano) (Hotel Bar Sessions) | Lumpenbourgeoisie for the win 😆