we saved daylight but at what cost --K
Much less work last week, but I still had a lot of paperwork to do. Worked on htmx integration for django-cast during this year's Python Spring Sprint & Hackathon in Düsseldorf. Htmx is now working for pagination in both built-in themes. See the latest release notes for all django-cast-related updates. Had a lot of fun attending the latest Django Meetup Cologne.
Despite being self-employed for over ten years now, I never publicly announced being open to new projects. Until now 😁!
- How virtual environments work | Didn't know there are so few lines needed to create a virtualenv
- Marketing for Developers | Hmm, didn't know about the Django subreddit
- Add Vue To Your Django Templates With Vite | Second part of this tutorial, got a working Django-Vite-Vue combination running using it 👍
- Sentry - Development Philosophy | I'm a little bit skeptical about claims like "we are not artists" or "Our work is there to solve customer problems". Writing computer programs is one of the purest creative activities in human history (pure as in "only limited by our imagination, not practical skills or laws of physics"). Claiming it isn't smells like overcompensation (bad) or ignorance (even worse).
- Lessons from a Pessimist: Make Your Pessimism Productive | Good point - I tame my pessimism by framing it as "optimistic realism"
- Chris’ Corner: Websites, Highlights, and Guesses
- OpenAI is testing the ability to run code and use third-party plugins in ChatGPT | Interesting
- The End of Front-End Development | Holy shit, 65k? I mean, ok it looks great and stuff but...
- Weeknotes: AI won’t slow down, a new newsletter and a huge Datasette refactor | Simon Willison
- Weeknotes March 19 - 26 | Bithive
- Weeklog for Week 11: March 13 to March 19 | Johannes
- Every Layout | Has a cool website, too
- django-hatchway - Hatchway is an API framework inspired by the likes of FastAPI, but while trying to keep API views as much like standard Django views as possible
- Django Ninja - Fast Django REST Framework
- Orval - Generate client with appropriate type-signatures | OpenAPI-Schema to typescript code generation tool
- Codon is a high-performance Python compiler that compiles Python code to native machine code | Interesting
- Dalai - Run LLaMA and Alpaca on your computer
- Podsqueeze - Generate shownotes, timestamps, newsletters and more for your podcast with one click! | Bootstrapped SaaS from an ex-colleague
Mastodon / Twitter
- Carbonara mit Bildern
- Someone referred to Podcasting 2.0 the other day. Oh my god. There is only one podcasting. I can tell this is going to be really tiresome. You know like Web 3 and all that bullshit. The other day someone told me that the real Web 3 is AI. Sigh.
- This blog post seemed very normal until I hit this bit GITHUB ACCIDENTALLY POSTED THEIR PRIVATE KEYS TO GITHUB THERE IS LITERALLY NO ONE ON EARTH ABLE TO USE THIS PROGRAM SAFELY
- Die Geschichte hinter PHPUnit – mit Sebastian Bergmann (Super Duper Developers Club) | Good episode
- DjangoCon US 2023 - Drew Winstel (Django Chat) | Good as always
- Revision 560: TypeScript 5.0 (Working Draft) | We sometimes joke about including the pre and post-show chatter because it's way more entertaining 😁 than the "real episode". Here they did exactly that and it worked out great!
- WR1467 Pazifistische pflegebedürftige Pensionäre (WRINT: Realitätsabgleich)
- A.I. Is About to Get Much Weirder. Here’s What to Watch For. (The Ezra Klein Show) | Quite solid for a journalistic publication
- Accessibility, Frontend und der ganze Rest mit Manuel Matuzović (Wo wir sind ist vorne.) | Wow, they talked about htmx and alpine in a frontend podcast 😄