"for legal reasons this is a joke" --julia, serial project starter
Lots of colored eggs. Short work week where I was collecting some material for an upcoming pytest-course and did some research about this whole shiny new LLM field which is completely wild atm. Recorded a podcast episode about LLMs. Released a new django-cast version with some minor improvements. Fixed a 500 error on this site caused by the csrf-middleware raising an error and context-processors weren't run so the custom error template didn't get its base template (this needs more fixing).
- Django: Avoid database queries in template context processors | Probably I should get rid of the db query in my theme context processor for django-cast
- Ban 1+N in Django
- Thoughts on a Crazy Week in AI News
- Slack | Martin Fowler on including slack in your iterations
- CAN Injection: keyless car theft | Ahahaha...
- Exclusive: OpenAI Used Kenyan Workers on Less Than $2 Per Hour to Make ChatGPT Less Toxic | Well, just to be able to find the link again. This article does not look credible at all (as well as the whole time.com site, meh).
- Thinking About Code Review | Yep, PRs make sense in an open-source context. Otherwise, not so much...
- What are we going to do about ChatGPT? | More reasonable than the letter
- Programming-language popularity by GitHub pull requests
Mastodon / Twitter
- Everyone needs a break | Webcomic about the need to get away from everything
- Brain vs Sleep webcomic - "pacific ocean"
- Double Your Freelancing | Ok, maybe I have to do some marketing...
- 030 | The Side Hustle | The Unspoken Lever of FI | Fixed income would be nice, too
- Eight Things to Know about Large Language Models | Fascinating
- Weeknotes: A new llm CLI tool, plus automating my weeknotes and newsletter | Simon Willison
- Weeklog for Week 13: March 27 to April 02 | Johannes
- Django Playwright and Pytest example
- unittest-parametrize | Works like the @pytest.mark.parametrize decorator from pytest
- Django 4.2 released
- Let it be free! Open-sourcing “Baby AGI”, a paired down version of the “Task-Driven Autonomous Agent” at 105 lines of code. Three task agents (execution, creation, prioritization) work in harmony… forever.
- Just been informed that #AutoGPT is ranked #1 trending in the entire world on @Github !🤯
- SentencePiece is an unsupervised text tokenizer and detokenizer mainly for Neural Network-based text generation systems
- Slint 1.0: The Next-Generation Native GUI Toolkit Matures | Native UIs in rust
- pinecone.ai - Long-term Memory for AI
- babyagi - This Python script is an example of an AI-powered task management system | Twitter thread
- Libraries.io monitors 7,144,509 open source packages across 32 different package managers, so you don't have to | Used this to track how many packages depend on packages I wrote...
- Tabby - Self-hosted AI coding assistant. An opensource / on-prem alternative to GitHub Copilot
- opentalk.eu - video conference software which allows self-hosting
- What AI can do for you on Theory of Change (no link to original podcast, since the feed is broken) | Really good episode!
- Soumith Chintala: PyTorch On the past and present of machine learning frameworks, and the story of PyTorch and its creator (The Gradient Podcast) | Interesting
- The Story of Visual Studio Code with Erich Gamma and Kai Maetzel (The Hanselminutes Podcast) | Surprising how early and small vscode started...
- Aidan Gomez, co-founder and CEO of Cohere joins Host Pieter Abbeel to discuss transformers, large language models, command and instruct models, prompt engineering, LLMs competitive landscape (The robot brains)