I find OOP philosophically unsound. It claims that everything is an object. Even if it is true it is not very interesting — saying that everything is an object is saying nothing at all. --Alexander Stepanov
Using Django, htmx, alpine.js and tailwind for work, which is a very powerful combination. Did some vacation planning and misplaced my keys. Discovered that it's super easy to replace an AirTag battery.
- Shrinkpdf: shrink PDF files with Ghostscript
- There's a public roadmap for Wagtail
- Pydantic V2 Is Here!
- Modern CSS Solutions - for Old CSS Problems | Really cool site by Stephanie Eckles
- Weeklog for Week 25: June 19 to June 25 | Johannes - I still have to play catch up a bit 😅
- Week in Review 2023-06-26 | Luis
- Science and Technology links (June 25 2023)
Mastodon / Twitter
- Demo of morph swap for HTMX 2.0 | Oh this is so cool! Maybe it will be possible to have an audio player keep running while navigating the podcast page without having to use an SPA!
- 30% Faster, UUID Downsides, Growing WAL, Processes vs. Threads | Scaling Postgres 271 (Scaling PostgreSQL) | There was also a poll on Twitter recently where the majority of people said they use UUIDs as primary keys. Which seems completely crazy to me..
- UKW112 Ukraine: Abteilung für Infarkte und Defenestration (Unsere kleine Welt) | Nothing is known for sure..
- Revision 575: Code meets Design: Frontend-Entwicklung (Working Draft) | Meh
- #385 – Jimmy Wales: Wikipedia (Lex Fridman Podcast)
- Noam Brown (The Robot Brains) | On solving Poker and Diplomacy - interesting.
- #386 – Marc Andreessen: Future of the Internet, Technology, and AI (Lex Fridman Podcast) | The first part was surprisingly strong. Good episode.