Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. --Carl Jung
Normal work week. Didn't have much time for open source, but had a closer look into this whole responsive image topic / issues. And I have some ideas on how to handle them, but nothing is done, yet. All my Read the Docs integrations now use a secret for their webhook calls, which is probably good. And I've had some trouble with flit when it's installed via pipx, because it now installs local packages in the flit-pipx virtualenv when I run
flit install -s whereas before it installed them into the projects virtualenv. Or maybe something in my fish shell broke? Dunno.
- I should have loved biology | Great post!
- GitHub Actions: Faster Python runs with cached virtual environments | Ok, nice that this works, but it's probably to complicated for my workflows
- What fonts to use for coding | Didn't know about Fira Code - cool!
- HTML web components | Sounds reasonable, yep!
- PyPI has completed its first security audit | Kind of ok I guess
- New goodies in Django 5.0 | Oh, there's a way to add
modifiedattributes using the database? Cool!
- Ornament - Eine Web-Component-Microlibrary | Hmm, I probably will stick using lit
- HTML First | Also pretty reasonable
Mastodon / Twitter
- Artificial intelligence as “making a computer do something that if a human were to do it we would colloquially consider intelligent” works pretty well. | Thread
- Let’s predict and make the web fast with the new Speculation Rules API. Here’s how to debug it with #ChromeDevTools. 👉🏽
- That could easily be me. | Death is coming for indoor plants..
- I defragged my zebra ...
- Interesting developments in subquadratic alternatives to self-attention based transformers for large sequence modeling (32k and more).
- "Design can change the world" | Hrhrhr
- Oh crap! It's a Thesaurus!
- Week 43 of 2023 | Juha-Matti Santala
- Weeklog for Week 45: November 06 to November 12 | Johannes
- Week in Review 2023-11-13 | Luis
- Sample size calculator - Question: How many subjects are needed for an A/B test?
- screenshot-to-code - This is a simple app that converts a screenshot to HTML/Tailwind CSS | GPT-4 Vision access required...
- Omri Boehm, lässt sich ohne Hass über Nahost sprechen?
- Brandt Bucher – A JIT Compiler for CPython
- Jon Lovett Rant on 7/2/22 Lovett or Leave It | Didn't age well 😢
- Contributing to Django - Sarah Boyce | Good episode!
- Metriken, Hypothesen und Fehler: A/B-Testing in der Praxis mit Philipp Monreal | Finally someone that correctly explains how p-values work 😅. Great episode!
- Lorraine Daston: Ohne Regeln keine Kultur (Sein und Streit) | I was tricked into listening to this episode , because I have a soft spot for Wittgenstein and my podcatcher was promising me something about him. Well, now I have another example of people talking about a topic (algorithms) with high confidence while being completely wrong. Meh.