May type hints never overload you,
First workweek of 2024. Recorded and published a podcast episode about Typescript and typing in general, which was a lot of fun 🎙️. For django-cast I found out that it is possible to pre-fetch all the data needed to render a list of posts or episodes and call
.serve passing that data and avoid hitting the database 💡. You might to have to do some unholy things though, like monkeypatching the
PageLinkHandler. I didn't expect this, but rendering a page including internal links in Wagtail will cause a database query because only the links page id is stored in the markup and the page object is needed to get the page url which is needed to render the link to html. And I haven't found a way to pass data from the page's template context to the
PageLinkHandler. But it's doable. So I'll do it 😇.
- Python 3.13 gets a JIT | Sounds great!
- Dokku: my favorite personal serverless platform | Well, I would be more excited if I was still using docker, but self hosted PAAS are always interesting
- NumPy 2 is coming: preventing breakage, updating your code
- Weeknotes: Page caching and custom templates for Datasette Cloud | Simon Willison
- Weeklog for Week 1: January 01 to January 07 | Johannes
Mastodon / Twitter
- I'm very impressed by first impressions of https://marimo.io/ - a brand new open source Python notebook implementation... | This onboarding stuff..
- Andrew Ng about Direct Preference Optimization (DPO)