The Web is the set of digital networked technologies that work to increase user agency. --Robin Berjon
Busy work week in between projects. Didn't have time to do much besides just that.
Attended the 50th Django Cologne Meetup and mini sprint which was great. Thanks to Ronny and Sarah for organizing this event and the other Sarah and Thibaud for their interesting talk and the discussion about the future of Django roadmap.
- On Chomsky and the Two Cultures of Statistical Learning
- A 2024 Plea for Lean Software (with running code) | Yep
- The long sleep of capitalism's watchdogs
- Informal roadmap & retrospective workshops for Django | Discussion about a roadmap for Django on the forum
- Fünfzehn Jahre Trinklaune. Let’s call it a day. | It was a good time, thanks!
- HTMX: Die perfekte UI-Technologie?! // deutsch | I don't know why I've been watching more videos that I completely disagree with lately. Maybe YouTube's recommendation engine has found my weak spots and is starting to take advantage of them? Jedenfalls macht sich hier Golo ordentlich zum Horst (just to be able to find the reference later).
- Weeklog for Week 3: January 15 to January 21 | Johannes
- An Exceptional Episode (core.py)
- Datasette, LLMs, and Django - Simon Willison | Great episode
- Daniel Kehlmann über Kant: Vordenker universalistischer Moral (Sein und Streit) | Really good episode!
- Soziale Energie - Was treibt uns als Gesellschaft an? (Hörsaal) | Great talk by Hartmut Rosa - interesting to see him acknowledge that mainstream economics doesn't agree with the otherwise popular view that capitalism only shines when there's growth and acceleration (I tend to side with economics here).