Did some cleanup after switching to the new wagtail-based django-cast for my homepage and python-podcast.de. Had to rename the users, backup, and remove the old services. Made sure the new backup is working. Then I deployed a self-hosted Mastodon instance and migrated my user there, which worked out well.
Went to the trivago Tech Get Together event to meet with friends and former co-workers. Had a lot of fun and heard about openpodcast.de - an open platform for podcast analytics, which is an interesting and promising project.
- Stable Diffusion and AI generated art is absolutely wild in every way | Some solid fun with stable diffusion
- Verifying your GitHub profile on Mastodon
- Fedi.Tips - An Unofficial Guide to Mastodon & the Fediverse
- The case for dynamic, functional programming
- Massively increase your productivity on personal projects with comprehensive documentation and automated tests | Writeup of Simon Willisons DjangoCon US 2022 talk
- Lazy loading images in HTML | Hmm, now I have to find out a way to determine the size of images on my website.. I usually use just 100vw, does this work?
- Science and Technology links (November 26 2022) | "Molière’s famous play, Tartuffe, the main characters is outwardly pious but fundamentally deceitful. Are people who insist on broadcasting their high virtue better people, who are they more like Tartuffe. Dong et al. (2022) conclude that people who say that they have good values are not necessarily better people in practice, but they are more likely to be hypocrites according. That is, Tartuffe is a realistic character. It is worth pointing out that Molière’s play was censored by the king." Hehe, we just talked about this in the last podcast episode, right?
- Mastodon on your own domain without hosting a server
TIL this week
- I'm convinced that one of the biggest architectural mistakes of the past decade was going full microservice On a spectrum of monolith to microservices, I suggest the following: Monolith > apps > services > microservices So, some thoughts
- Save Your Threads | High-fidelity capture of Twitter threads as sealed PDFs
- Comfort noise for different use cases
- Twitter Archive Parser | Written in Python
- Pleroma | ActivityPub implementation written in Elixir
- GoToSocial | ActivityPub implementation written in Go
- Mastodon website bookmarklets
- Bits und so #818 (GTO) (Bits und so)
- Folge 1: Einführung – Die Moderne verstehen (Andreas Reckwitz im Gespräch: Die Gesellschaft der Singularitäten)
- #13: Open Source Business Models (TOPP: The Open Podcast Podcast)
- Open Web mit Matthias Pfefferle (Wo wir sind ist vorne) | little bit slow, but lots of interesting resources
- Trööt statt Tweet - mit Leah Oswald (She Likes Tech)