I run my own Mastodon instance because I don't trust random admins to fuck up what I am perfectly capable of fucking up on my own. --moliver
Another busy week at work. Learned that creating PDFs from web pages is a little less difficult than expected. Using a headless Chromium actually works quite well, and it's not that difficult to deploy either.
- Rebuilding a featured news section with modern CSS: Vox news
- Container Query Units and Fluid Typography
- Two Ways to Turbo-Charge tox
- CLI tools hidden in the Python standard library
Mastodon / Twitter
- PyScript NEXT Tech-Preview Release!
- wellp. python 3.12 `type x = ...` aliases won't be auto-rewritable because they can't be used equivalently :(
- I have never seen anybody put forward a convincing argument against this theory | Webcomic
- People believe that if they could somehow walk into a research lab, they could then 'steal the knowledge'. | Yep
- Apple advertisements that look surprisingly good
- web development being surprisingly deep | webcomic
- Wow. Meta commits to dedicate three engineer-years to implement the removal of the GIL from #Python and fix upcoming compatibility and performance issues with it.
- Overview over funding sources for open source development
- Weeklog for Week 26: June 26 to July 02 | Johannes
- Week in Review 2023-07-03 | Luis
- Writing After Twitter, Conference Life, and Turbo-Charging tox | Hynek
- LangChain: Chat with Your Data
- DjangoCon Europe 2023 | Keynote: A speedrunning guide to software development | Great talk
- Privilegien- Quartett Ein Spiel, aus dem wir nicht aussteigen können (Was denkst du denn?) | Nice
- Episode 94: Progress (Hotel Bar Sessions) | Always good
- #128 - generative search, GPU black market, GPT-4’s Secret, Sam Altman’s World Tour (Last Week in AI)
- Things I Wish Someone Had Explained To Me Sooner About Python (Talk Python To Me) | Meh.
- #387 – George Hotz: Tiny Corp, Twitter, AI Safety, Self-Driving, GPT, AGI & God (Lex Fridman Podcast) | The episodes here are either ok or batshit crazy. Usually I try to avoid the conspiracy theory / techbro bootlicking / snake oil selling stuff. But this episode is both: sometimes interesting and sometimes batshit crazy.
- Season 3 Episode 13 Stephen Balaban (The robot brains) | Nice one.